This is an easy to make slime using 3 ingredients:
- PVA Glue, clear or white
- Almat Laundry Detergent
- Food Colouring
You can get PVA glue from:
- Home Bargains in the Arts section – 99p for 500ml of white PVA glue
- Poundland in the DIY section. The Arts section didn’t have any. £1 for 500ml of white PVA glue
- You can get clear Pritt glue from Asda, Sainsburys. Asda does it for £2.50 for 135ml
- Amazon.co.uk sell the clear version of Elmers:
I’ve noticed that our local Home Bargains never has any PVA glue in stock. You can try The Works, who do 1 litre for £3, or buy from Amazon here:
You can get Almat Laundry Detergent from Aldi for £1.75 for 740ml.
Food colouring can be bought from Sainsburys for £1 for a 38ml bottle.
We used both the White PVA glue from Home Bargains and the clear Pritt glue. The white PVA glue produced slime which was more stretchy and flexible while in comparison the clear glue produced a more thick consistency.
The white glue will also produce more milky colours, while the clear will allow you to make more transparent and crystal colours.
- Pour the glue into a container like a washed out and clean ice cream container, or a plastic container from the Chinese takeaway, ideally with a lid.
- Add 5 teaspoons of Almat Laundry Detergent, stirring in between teaspoons. Add more if necessary until the glue stops sticking everywhere and the mixture becomes like dough and no longer sticks to the side of the container.
- Add a couple of drops of food colouring as required.
One thing I would say is that the detergent adds quite an overpowering smell, and I guess it can be quite harsh on the skin.
You can also add glitter for visual effect and also some foam balls for additional texture!