After trying various recipes, THIS one is the best.
Using Almat laundry detergent was ok, but made the skin on my hands crack and the smell was VERY strong.
This recipe uses the following readily available ingredients:
- Kershaws Traditional Laundry Starch – 500g bag from Amazon £3.80
- PVA glue – 500ml bottle from Home Bargains £0.99p
- Food colouring
- Option – Shaving Foam – £0.99p from various places like Home Bargains and Sainsburys own brand.
- Mix the water and Kershaws Traditional Laundry Starch in a pot, making a liquid, milky solution. This is important, as this will be added to the glue. You can’t just add the Kershaws Starch to the glue, as doing this will make it all lumpy.
- In another container, mix the glue, food colouring and the optional Shaving Foam. The Shaving Foam is to make the slime fluffy. Note: don’t add more foam than glue.
- Add a few splashes of the Kershaws mixture to the glue mixture, until it stops sticking to the sides of the container.
- Take out of the container and kneed it.
- Voila! Home Made Slime!!!
- See below for the result, the green slime is what we ended up with using these instructions, the pink slime is lumpy and is what happened when we put the Starch in without first mixing with water: